Scuba Ontario  

Go Back   Scuba Ontario > Main Category > Equipment Forum
Register ProjectsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar

Equipment Forum Post your buy/sell items, Equipment reviews, equipment Q & A

Old 01-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Giddyup

Chantelle is on a distinguished road

Keep in mind, if you are buying a scooter from down there, that it might be a better idea to have them shipped without batteries (providing someone ... Jay... isn't driving down to get them). Batteries are freakin' heavy and will cost a fortune to ship all together. You'd be better off getting the batteries up here.

Just my 2 cents.

My Bloggy Thing

She-P Dealer
Old 01-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Jay Roy is on a distinguished road

I have an honest face..And don't think for a second if I drive down there to get them, I won't have gear to do some diving
So the scooters will be just adding to the pile on the way back
Old 01-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Jay Roy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Thanks Jason you seem to be the point man on this deal....
Makes sense, they're both Brits
Old 01-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Joe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Roy View Post
I have an honest face..And don't think for a second if I drive down there to get them, I won't have gear to do some diving
So the scooters will be just adding to the pile on the way back
Deal....
Old 01-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Joe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantelle View Post
Keep in mind, if you are buying a scooter from down there, that it might be a better idea to have them shipped without batteries (providing someone ... Jay... isn't driving down to get them). Batteries are freakin' heavy and will cost a fortune to ship all together. You'd be better off getting the batteries up here.

Just my 2 cents.
Good point Chantelle. Serge said he paid around $100.00. UV 26, charger and batteries. We will have to see what works best when the time comes.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:57 PM

jmya is on a distinguished road

I got a response from Marc:

He is selling 3 (there were more, but now it is 3). Currently they are configured as Magnums, but he has 26 and 18 amp tubes (1x 26 and 2 x 18).

The scooters don't come with batteries. All come with bulkheads and wiring. He will sell the Magnums with batteries for a little more if the person wants them.

Two of the scooters are older style Gavin's and one is new style.

All scooters come with Delrin WKPP clutch and large wheel in the handle to keep the trigger wire on track. Two of the scooters have the lower handle removed (not sanctioned for WKPP). All are proven to be solid

Regarding the price:

"Price is non-negotiable. I do not need to sell these scooters. It's a choice I am making for something else. I am still an active diver and will use them until they go, however long that takes, if ever "

Cheers,
Jase.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Administrator

JohnG is on a distinguished road

I would say you guys look else where for a scooter. 2800 is way to much money for a gavin without batteries. I picked mine up for $2200 including batteries. Take into account mine was a short body. The magnum shouldnt be much over $2600 including batteries. Maybe $2800 for the one with the newer backend.

As for shipping I think there is a huge misconception on pricing. I paid $50 to have my euro body tube and battery setup shipped from FL to Niagara Falls, NY. when I had the scooter shipped it was $90 from washington to NY. that was the scooter, batteries, charger. When you are talking $200 to $400 in batteries its cheaper to buy them fro the guy sellign if they are still good.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Grand Pooba.

serge has disabled reputation

The trick for cheap shipping is using UPS ground *and* keeping the shipment US only.

A few of us are right on the border so picking shipments up at the UPS depot in the US really isn't a big deal.

If you had to ship to Canada then yes shipping the batteries would add a noticable amount of money.

The $100 fee for my shipping was from Florida and was a full UV-26 (Tube, Batteries, Back end) and another UV-18 body and batteries.

Serge.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Jen is on a distinguished road

New HDPE scooters, all rewound no batteries go for 3400 US on EE. I think for the older models he is asking too much. I hear of better deals out there too. If I am going to pay that much I would rather just buy new.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Giddyup

Chantelle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
As for shipping I think there is a huge misconception on pricing. I paid $50 to have my euro body tube and battery setup shipped from FL to Niagara Falls, NY. when I had the scooter shipped it was $90 from washington to NY. that was the scooter, batteries, charger. When you are talking $200 to $400 in batteries its cheaper to buy them fro the guy sellign if they are still good.
John, I hear you.... but there could also be issues at customs, and cost of shipping across the border can be brutal. I do alot of shipping to and from the US, and it can be a royal pain, as well as surprisingly expensive to go over that little bitty border line.

My Bloggy Thing

She-P Dealer

Tags
scooters